In May 2021, the Maryland Stadium Authority (MSA) Board of Directors approved the Memorandum of Understanding for MSA to conduct a preliminary design of a new proposed Public Safety Building at Coppin State University (CSU) in the City of Baltimore. The agreement, which formalizes MSA’s relationship and expected role on the project, was negotiated and approved by the President of CSU. The MSA Board provided approval to undertake the effort on December 1, 2020. CSU will fully fund the design cost of $450,000 through a grant provided in the State Capital Budget (SB 191). The General Assembly of Maryland has identified the new proposed Public Safety Building as a priority project.
In April 2022, the MSA Board of Directors approved a recommendation to award an architectural/engineering services contract to Manns Woodward Studios, Inc. to provide preliminary design services for the Coppin State University Public Safety Facility.
On August 17, 2023, the MSA published its preliminary design report with supporting appendices related to a proposed new public safety building at CSU:
Coppin State University - Public Safety Facility - Preliminary Design Report
- Appendix A - Program Spreadsheets
- Appendix B - Room Diagrams
- Appendix C - Site Plans
- Appendix D.1 - Consultant Reports - Cost Estimate R6
- Appendix D.2 - Consultant Reports - Structural
- Appendix D.3 - Consultant Reports - Traffic
- Appendix D.4 - Consultant Reports - Geotechnical
- Appendix D.5A - Consultant Reports - Environmental Report Site 1
- Appendix D.5B - Consultant Reports - Environmental Report Site 2
- Appendix D.6 - Consultant Reports Archaeological
- Appendix E - Synchronous Charrette Notes
- Appendix F - CSU Master Plan
- Appendix G - Comparable Facilities.pdf
- Appendix H - Funding Sources
- Appendix I - Anticipated Savings
MSA’s role in managing studies is to provide unbiased and objective analysis which provides information to local officials to assist in the decision-making process about investment and benefits for their communities and constituents.
Gary McGuigan, Executive Vice President, Capital Projects Development Group
Al Tyler, Vice President, Capital Projects Development Group
Ryan Carter and Cedric Lowe, Project Managers, Capital Projects Development Group
Manns Woodward Studios