The Camden Yards Sports Complex is an amazing 85-acre sports and entertainment destination in the heart of downtown Baltimore, just minutes from the Inner Harbor. The complex is home to two best-in-class professional sports venues, Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium, as well as the iconic Warehouse and historic Camden Station.
NATURE OF WORK
This is a contractual position responsible for ensuring the safety and security of visitors to the Camden Yards Sports Complex during National Football League (NFL) games, Major League Baseball (MLB) games and other special events. Selected applicants will be expected to provide unparalleled security services while exhibiting exceptional customer service and communication skills. Work hours vary and will require evenings, weekends and holidays in accordance with the home game schedules of the Baltimore Ravens and Baltimore Orioles. Multiple candidates will be selected for this position.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(The duties listed below are illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Incumbents in the position are expected to perform all of the duties described below).
- Conduct roving patrols on foot, bicycles, and in security vehicles of Camden Yards Sports Complex, including stadiums, parking lots, outdoor plazas and sidewalks
- Respond to all security needs, medical emergencies and other calls for service
- Observe and report unsafe conditions, unusual occurrences, and suspicious incidents that could potentially impact safety and security at the complex
- Conduct security screening of vehicles, persons and bags to prevent prohibited or dangerous items from entering the facility
- Provide first-class fan assistance to guests looking for directions or event information
- Partner with internal and external security management and local law enforcement, as necessary
- Provide escorts to and from cars in the parking lot when requested or deemed appropriate
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required by the security management team
- State of Maryland Guard Card is not necessary
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- One year experience performing security-related duties, or a completed college certificate or degree from an accredited institution in criminal justice, homeland security or law enforcement.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with guests and staff
- Meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Successfully pass fingerprint-supported background screening including NCIC and state criminal records checks
Event security, military service, law enforcement or correctional officer experience preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
Environment — This work is generally performed outside and may include frequent travel to Camden Yards Sports Complex facilities and parking lots to perform assigned duties or in response to urgent requests or critical incidents. Employee may be required to work outdoors in various weather elements such as extreme heat or cold, rain, ice or snow. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, games and celebration noises, etc.
Physical — Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and to participate in urgent and/or emergency response situations; to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time, a minimum of 5 hours with limited assistance; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight up to 50 pounds; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; to operate an electric or gas vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via mail or e-mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2 – Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Announcement Number SecOfcr-042021 in the subject line.
Option 3 – Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number SecOfcr-042021
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560 (Toll free 1-877-637-8234).
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 12:00PM
The Warehouse at Camden Yards
Executive Conference Room
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Agenda and Live Stream link
posted here in advance of meeting
M&T Bank Stadium Mass Vaccination Site
Maryland Department of Health
Coronavirus Disease 2019
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733|