The Camden Yards Sports Complex is an amazing 85-acre sports and entertainment destination in the heart of downtown Baltimore, just minutes from the Inner Harbor. The complex is home to two best-in-class professional sports venues, Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium, as well as the iconic Warehouse and historic Camden Station.
NATURE OF WORK
The Maryland Stadium Authority (MSA) is seeking qualified candidates for several Maintenance General positions to assist the Agency during events at the Camden Yards Sports Complex. Multiple candidates may be selected for this position. Selected applicants will be expected to exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills. This position is responsible for responding to maintenance and repair requests throughout the facility during scheduled events. The position performs skilled work involving multiple trades in the troubleshooting and repair of buildings, equipment and facilities during events. This is a technical as well as customer service position.
Seeking incumbents for a start date as early as April 14, 2021.
Hours for the position may vary based on Facility/Employee needs, expected business levels and will include weekends, AM/PM shifts and holidays.
- Typical Night Baseball Game Schedule, 3:00pm to 11:00pm.
- Typical Day Baseball Game Schedule, 9:30am to 5:30pm.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(The duties listed below are illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Incumbents in the position are expected to perform all of the duties described below).
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs and adjusts mechanical/electrical/plumbing/fire alarm systems, fixtures and equipment; repairs drywall, furniture, shelves, doors, windows, and machines/equipment of various kinds.
- Responds to elevator/escalator trouble calls.
- Operates power equipment, forklifts, and aerial lifts.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
(The following generally describes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to enter the job or to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned tasks).
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled environment including the ability to perform work across skilled trade crafts.
- Ability to utilize tools, follow directions, maintain tempo, recognize quality, problem solve, exhibit teamwork, use interpersonal skills, and work safely.
- Must be customer service oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills, have a strong ability to multi task with proven detail orientation.
- Ability to successfully work within a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop and lift (up to 50 lbs.) repetitively and for extended periods of time.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Possess post high school training in engineering/maintenance related disciplines.
- Must have the ability to work a minimum of one game per home stand during the Oriole’s baseball season.
- Must successfully pass background screening, including criminal record checks (local, state, federal).
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality.
- Recent work in a public assembly or hotel/resort facility.
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience.
Event Essential Employees: Incumbents are considered “Event Essential Employees” whose duties require that they report for work at a scheduled event and remain at the work site throughout the duration of the event or scheduled work time. While no meal breaks are provided, significant compensated “down time” may occur during some events, wherein employees are required to remain on the premises to respond to on-site incidents, monitor work and event locations, and maintain a presence for public safety and security.
Uniforms: Incumbents will be provided a work uniform top and badge that identifies them as MSA employees. Incumbents will be required to provide and wear long khaki colored pants and all other ordinary clothing or other items used solely for protection from routine weather conditions such as winter coats, gloves, parkas, raincoats, rubber boots, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
Environment —Work may be performed in a standard office setting with frequent travel to Camden Yards Sports Complex locations to perform departmental activities in response to urgent requests or critical incidents. Employee may be required to work indoors or outdoors in areas of extreme heat or cold. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, games and celebration noises, etc. Employee is subject to emergency call-in at any time and may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Physical —Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and to participate in urgent and/or emergency response situations; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight up to 50 pounds; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via webform or email.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2 – Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to email@example.com with the Announcement Number MaintGen – 03.2021 in the subject line.
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560 or
Toll free 1-877-637-8234. TTY Users may call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, September 7, 2021, 12:00PM
The Warehouse at Camden Yards
Executive Conference Room
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Agenda and Live Stream links are
available here in advance of meeting
Maryland Department of Health
Coronavirus Disease 2019
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733|