Announcement Number: APM-042022
Agency Division: Capital Projects Development Group
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore, MD
Hiring Range: $56,000 -$70,000 (Commensurate with experience and qualifications). State salary rules may apply for promotions and transfers.
Status: Regular, Full Time
Closing Date: June 30, 2022
NATURE OF WORK:
An MSA Project Manager is responsible for assisting in the coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of capital construction projects ensuring consistency with agency strategy, commitments and goals. Aids in the planning, execution, and finalization of projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, which includes acquiring resources and assessing quality control throughout project completion.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
(The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position).
- Provides administrative assistance on assigned projects.
- Assists Project Executive, Project Director, and Project Manager as assigned.
- Provides monthly reports on the status of current projects.
- Participates on selection committees for project procurements
- Reports on budget, schedule, and quality control parameters as established by the Project Executive, Project Director, and/or Project Manager.
- Assists with processing construction contracts
- Assists with processing construction change orders.
- Assists with processing purchase orders.
- Maintains logs on change orders, purchase orders, and payments
- Reviews and recommends all payment applications.
- Creates and maintains project schedules
- Attends on-site progress meetings.
- Assess project needs and interests in order to recommend changes in resource allocation
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The following generally describes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to enter the job or to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned tasks).
- Knowledge of project management software.
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Skill in eliciting information and cooperation from clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to perform efficiently in high-pressure and politically sensitive environments.
- Knowledge of project budget management.
- Ability to express self clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of construction over various aspects of design and construction phases.
- Considerable knowledge of administrative principles and practices
- Ability to comply with changes in overall policies and guidelines as appropriate
Key competencies – Critical thinking and problem solving skills, adaptability, decision-making, communication skills, teamwork, planning and organizing, stress tolerance, conflict management.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
- Environment- Work may be performed in a standard office, at home, or in a satellite location with frequent travel to worksite locations to perform project management. Employee may be required to be present indoors or outdoors in areas of extreme heat or cold. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
If teleworking, there must be a designated workspace. The work space should be quiet and free from distractions. Additionally, the workspace should ensure the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Physical- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift up to 15lbs, to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Work may also involve climbing ladders.
Any combination of relevant education and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, abilities, and key competencies necessary to the operation of a major construction/renovation project is qualifying.
B.S. in Engineering or Associates degree in Construction Management preferred or a combination of education and experience equivalent to five (3) years of performing administrative functions in a construction project management environment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via mail or e-mail:
Option 2: Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Announcement Number APM-042022 in the subject line.
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
Applications may also be downloaded by accessing website
https://mdstad.com/apply-for-job?position_applying_for=1337 or obtained by calling
410-333-1560 (toll free 1-877-637-8234). TTY users call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, May 24, 8:00a.m. (ad hoc)
Tuesday, June 7, 12:00p.m. (monthly)
The Warehouse at Camden Yards
Executive Conference Room
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Agenda / Live Stream
Paul McCartney "Got Back" Tour - Sunday, June 12, 2022 at Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Maryland Department of Health
Coronavirus Disease 2019
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733|