Nature of Work:
This is a contractual position responsible for performing duties as a Lobby Security Officer in the Warehouse at Camden Yards during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 7:00pm. Selected applicants will be expected to provide unparalleled security services while exhibiting exceptional customer service and communication skills. Key duties for this position include visitor management operations including electronic check-in of visitors and making contact with the appropriate sponsor by radio, telephone, email or in person, and controlling building access by verifying employee identification and enforcing visitor screening procedures. Multiple candidates may be selected for this position.
Examples of Work:
- Conducting fixed and mobile security patrols
- Monitoring building and life safety systems
- Communicating via telephone and two-way radios
- Monitoring access control, camera surveillance and alarm monitoring systems
- Observing and reporting suspicious activity
- Enforcing building access and delivery procedure, ensuring all building tenants entering the lobby are displaying proper identification
- Utilizing a computer, tablet or other mobile device to maintain daily security logs and recording visitor access to the building
- Conducting investigations including interviews, interrogations, and processing crime scenes using appropriate investigation techniques and completion of detailed written reports
- Responding to all emergency situations and coordinating with city/county/State agencies as necessary
- Conducting surveillance of property and personnel in the interests of public safety through the effective utilization of staff resources and technical adjuncts
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required by the security management team.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with visitors and staff
- Must have high ethical standards and high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Must successfully pass background screening including criminal record checks (local, state and federal), skills assessment test and interview.
- Two years of experience performing lobby security functions in a commercial facility
- Familiarity in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Documents and latest Windows OS
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment —Work may be performed in a standard office setting with frequent travel to worksite locations to perform project management. Employee may be required to be present indoors or outdoors in areas of extreme heat or cold. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Physical —Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Work may also involve climbing ladders.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via mail or e-mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2—Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Announcement Number SecLobby-122020 in the subject line.
Option 3—Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number SecLobby-122020
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
Applications may also be downloaded by accessing website http://www.mdstad.com/pdf/MSAApplicationfillable.pdf or obtained by calling 410-333-1560 (Toll free 1-877-637-8234). TTY users call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 12:00PM
The Warehouse at Camden Yards
Executive Conference Room
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Meeting notice current as of 11/25/20
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733|