Announcement Number: SOCO-082022
Status: Contractual, Part-time
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore City, Maryland
Hourly Rate: $17.00
Closing Date: August 31, 2022
The Camden Yards Sports Complex is an amazing 85-acre sports and entertainment destination in the heart of downtown Baltimore, just minutes from the Inner Harbor. The complex is home to two best-in-class professional sports venues, Oriole Park at Camden Yards and M&T Bank Stadium, as well as the iconic Warehouse and historic Camden Station.
NATURE OF WORK
This is a contractual position responsible for ensuring the safety and security of visitors to the Camden Yards Sports Complex. Selected applicants will be expected to provide unparalleled security services inside a 24/7 security operations center. Work hours vary and will include evenings, weekends and holidays. Multiple candidates will be selected for this position.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(The duties listed below are illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Incumbents in the position are expected to perform all of the duties described below).
Monitor building systems, fire alarms and security systems to detect potential conditions that present risks to people or property;
- Monitor and operate security cameras and access control systems for situational awareness;
- Answer telephone calls for service and coordinate the response of security patrol officers;
- Oversee security officer post rotations and deployment locations based on conditions;
- Manage facility access, deliveries, and building screening procedures;
- Maintain inventory control of visitor badges and facility keys;
- Provide excellent customer service and communications via phone, email and radio;
- Maintain shift security logs and make notifications to command staff for significant incidents;
- Conducting surveillance of property and personnel in the interests of public safety through the effective utilization of staff resources and technical adjuncts;
- Conducting investigations including interviews, interrogations, and the processing crime scenes using appropriate investigation techniques and completion of detailed written reports;
- Responding to all emergency situations and coordinating with city/county/State agencies as necessary;
- Performing other duties and functions as required.
- Maryland Guard Card is not necessary
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- One year experience performing security-related functions
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with guests and staff
- Meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Successfully pass background screening including criminal record checks (local, state and federal
Event security, military service, law enforcement or correctional officer experience preferred
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
Environment — This work is generally performed outside and may include frequent travel to Camden Yards Sports Complex facilities and parking lots to perform assigned duties or in response to urgent requests or critical incidents. Employee may be required to work outdoors in various weather elements such as extreme heat or cold, rain, ice or snow. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, games and celebration noises, etc.
Physical — Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting and to participate in urgent and/or emergency response situations; to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time, a minimum of 5 hours with limited assistance; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight up to 50 pounds; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; to operate an electric or gas vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via mail or e-mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2 – Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to email@example.com with the Announcement Number SOCO-082022 in the subject line.
Option 3 – Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number SOCO-082022
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560 (Toll free 1-877-637-8234).
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, September 6, 12:00p.m.
The Warehouse at Camden Yards
Executive Conference Room
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Maryland Department of Health
Coronavirus Disease 2019
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733|