Status: Regular, Full-time, Benefitted
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore, MD
Hiring Range: $53,000+ depending upon qualifications. State salary rules may apply for promotions and transferees.
Division: Capital Projects Development Group (CPDG)
Closing Date: Open until filled
NATURE OF WORK
An MSA Project Coordinator is the intermediate level of work involving planning, coordinating, and evaluating for the Capital Projects Procurement and Compliance business unit of CPDG. Employees in this classification do not directly supervise but may provide advice and guidance to other staff and consultants. Employees in this classification receive general supervision and direction from a designated higher level administrator.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Issues Requests for Qualifications, Requests for Proposals and Invitations to Bid
- Conducts pre-proposal conferences
- Debriefs unsuccessful Offeror
- Compiles contracts
- Monitors compliance through database
- Monitors various reports and reporting timelines among all parties
- Monitors electronic software systems; updated certified payroll submissions and MBE payment tracking for multiple projects/programs
- Attends and serves as a compliance ambassador at outreach contracting events
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS, ABILITIES & KEY COMPETENCIES
(The following generally describes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to enter the job or to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned tasks.)
- Ability to research and analyze data/statistics
- Ability to use computers and software related to maintaining compliance data
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the employees, colleagues and representatives of other entities
- Ability to be adaptable and to help improve processes
- Knowledge of generally accepted contract compliance standards and practices
- Knowledge of the principles of internal control
- Knowledge of business administration and management practices
- Skill in analyzing automated and manual records, reports and other business documents and finding details and facts pertinent to the assignment
- Skill in determining compliance or noncompliance with the provisions of statutes and contracts
- Skill in preparing accurate and concise work papers and reports
- Skill in management of consultants and distribution of assignments
- Skill in communicating ideas and information
- Skill in managing work time efficiently and effectively under deadlines
- Working knowledge of Maryland State MBE and SBR programs
Specific educational and experience requirements are set by this agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position.
- Education: High School diploma or GED certification.
- Experience: At least two years of work in contract, compliance, accounting, or procurement capacity.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 24 credit hours in business-related courses. Candidates may substitute the required education with five years of related experience in administrative, para-professional work.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment —Work may be performed in a standard office setting with frequent travel to worksite locations to perform project management. Employee may be required to be present indoors or outdoors in areas of extreme heat or cold. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Physical —Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via e-mail or mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Click on the Apply For a Job link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2 - Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Announcement Number PROJCOOR 02-19 in the subject line.
Option 3 - Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number PROJCOOR 02-19
351 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
ATTENTION: Altha Weaver
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560, or toll free 1-877-637-8234. TTY users may call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 12:00PM
Warehouse at Camden Yards
Executive Conference Room
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Meeting notice current as of 1/11/2019
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733|