Division: Capital Projects Development Group, Procurement.
Status: Full-time, Regular, Benefitted
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore City, Maryland.
Hiring Range: $33,000+ depending upon qualifications. State salary rules may apply for promotions and transferees.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled.
NATURE OF WORK
Administrative Specialist is the intermediate level of administrative work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies. Employees in this class do not supervise. Employees in this classification receive supervision from a higher-level administrator.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(The duties listed below are illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Incumbents in the position are expected to perform all of the duties described below).
- Answer and screen telephone calls; receive and direct visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Executives and Project Managers.
- Format, proofread, and distribute documents including correspondence, agreements/contract, drafts, memos and emails.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, invoices and project related documents
- Other clerical duties such as logging and tracking, photocopying, filing etc. as requested by project management team.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Maintains supplies inventory by anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Oversight / daily maintenance of office equipment.
- Performs other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The following generally describes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to enter the job or to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned tasks).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff;
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Administrative writing and reporting skills;
- Experience operating standard office equipment;
- Ability to learn an agency’s purpose, programs, organization and procedures;
- Knowledge of the nature and function of organizations, organization charts, staffing patterns, and work-flow diagrams;
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and information clearly and concisely;
- Supply management;
- Ability to protect operations by keeping information confidential.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
- Environment- Work may be performed in a standard office. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee may be required to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends.
- Physical- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift up to 15lbs, to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Education: High School diploma or GED certification.
Experience: 2+ years of administrative support experience.
Note: Candidates may substitute the required education with three years of related experience in administrative, para-professional work.
Experience working in a construction management, architectural, and/or engineering firm environment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via mail or e-mail:
Option 1 (Preferred): Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2: Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Announcement Number AdminSpec-2018 in the subject line.
Option 3: Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Job Number AdminSpec-2018
351 W. Camden Street, Suite 300
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
ATTENTION: Altha Weaver
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, March 6th 3:00 PM
Warehouse at Camden Yards
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Meeting notice current as of 2/20/2018