Agency Division: Public Safety and Security
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore, MD
Hiring Range: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour (wage offer commensurate with experience and qualifications)
Status: Contractual, Part-time
Closing Date: Open until filled
NATURE OF WORK:
The position will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing locks, key systems, and door hardware at the Camden Yards Sports Complex. Multiple candidates may be selected for this position. This position reports to the Security Manager.
The position is required to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays based on work demands and event schedules of the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
(The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position).
- Interprets Master Keying Guide; uses appropriate discretion and special knowledge of lock systems to preserve the integrity of the complex’s master key system while meeting operational requests.
- Installs, services, and repairs various types of locks and security devices.
- Installs and repairs door locks, hardware and closing fixtures on new and existing doors.
- Disassembles locks; repairs and replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Cuts new or duplicate keys and stamps with identification.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records on key and lock inventories, keys issued and work performed.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains both mechanical locking and electronic key card systems.
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate evidence of the ability to comply with applicable NFPA, ADA, and IBC standards.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to cut and issue keys, re-key, install and repair locks and hardware.
- Ability to interpret, implement, and maintain pre-defined master key systems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair both mechanical locking and electronic access control devices.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures.
Specific educational and experience requirements are set by this agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position. Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
At least three (3) years of experience as a journey-level locksmith in a commercial or industrial setting. Experience working with ASSA ABLOY mechanical and electrified locksets is desired.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than six (6) hours per day. Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, lifts, etc. as well as stand, reach, stoop, crouch, sit, kneel, climb, crawl and walk extensively across multiple areas of complex. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via webform, e-mail or mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application
Option 2 - Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to email@example.com with the Announcement Number Locksmith 04-19 in the subject line.
Option 3 - Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number Locksmith 04-19
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560, or toll free 1-877-637-8234. TTY users may call via the Maryland Relay Service.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 12:00PM
Warehouse at Camden Yards
Executive Conference Room
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Meeting notice current as of 5/9/2019
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733|