Agency Division: Capital Projects Development Group, Maryland Stadium Authority
Status: Full-time, Regular, Benefitted
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore City, Maryland.
Hiring Range: $50,586-$63,232 depending upon qualifications. State salary rules may apply for promotions and transferees.
Closing Date: Open until filled
NATURE OF WORK
The Executive Associate II performs administrative support work and acts as the personal secretary and assistant to an executive, directorial, or management official (hereinafter referred to as Management). Employees in these classifications may supervise lower-level secretarial or clerical employees. Employees in this classification receive general supervision from a Management official.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes the content and format of procurement documents and submissions received for overall content clarity and sufficiency.
- Receives assistance and guidance from higher-level Procurement officials in the performance of procurement or contract related functions.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of agenda items for the Board of Directors to formally request Board approval of proposed contracts.
- Assists with all aspects of the procurement process including pre-bid or pre-proposal conferences, agency meetings with procurement staff to discuss the results of procurement analyses and conducting formal and informal training in the State procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Acts as personal secretary and assistant to a Management official.
- Interprets administrative decisions and policies to other members of the staff and transmits orders and instructions with the authority of the Management official
- Acts as an intermediary for Management, maintaining frequent contacts with public and
- private executives, vendors, professional staff and other officials.
- Composes correspondence; relieves the Management official of operational details by assembling, compiling and summarizing data into a concise form.
- Answers incoming inquiries from visitors and callers and arranges for appointments and interviews.
- Provides information to callers in regard to laws, rules, regulations and procedures governing the agency's operations.
- Obtains material from a variety of sources to be used for articles, reports and speeches.
- Maintains important and confidential records, schedules, expense accounts and office supplies.
- Proofreads and signs outgoing correspondence; reads reports and summarizes information to facilitate the Management official's review.
- Types manuscripts, correspondence, tables, charts, graphs and forms from corrected copy, rough draft or oral instruction using a typewriter or personal computer, computer terminal or word processor.
- Opens, sorts, reads and distributes incoming correspondence; reviews records and correspondence for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares and maintains statistical and numerical reports and records.
- Develops special forms and summaries using a variety of records in order to secure complete and accurate information.
- Designs and implements office procedures for assigned department.
- Uses word processing, database, spreadsheet or desktop publishing computer software applications in order to prepare reports, charts, graphs or other documents.
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The following generally describes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to enter the job or to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned tasks).
- Strong knowledge of office support principles and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of administrative principles and practices.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new office technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to express self clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the principles of basic supervisory practices.
- Key competencies: critical thinking and problem solving skills, adaptability, communication skills, teamwork, planning and organizing, and leading and coordinating.
(Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. As part of our selection process, we may require candidates to complete assessment testing to better understand their qualifications and skills.)
Specific educational and experience requirements are set by this agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position. Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, abilities, and key competencies necessary to providing office support and Management assistance is qualifying.
Education: High School diploma or GED certification.
Experience: 4+ years of hands on administrative support experience.
Note: Candidates may substitute the required education with three years of related experience in administrative, para-professional work.
Procurement and/or contract knowledge helpful.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
Environment- Work may be performed in a standard office. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee may be required to work overtime hours including evenings and weekends.
Physical- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to lift up to 15lbs, to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application electronically, via mail or e-mail.
Option 1 (Preferred)—Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2—Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to email@example.com with the Announcement Number EAII-012024 in the subject line.
Option 3—Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number EAII-012024
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Current MSA employees applying for this position may complete the Internal Job Application and email the application along with other necessary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
If you are unable to apply on line, an application may be requested by calling 410-333-1560 (Toll free 1-877-637-8234).
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 12:00 p.m.
The Warehouse at Camden Yards
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Agenda / Live Stream
Leasing Opportunities at the Warehouse at Camden Yards
National Human Trafficking Hotline -- 24/7 Confidential
|1-888-373-7888 | Text: 233733