The Maryland Stadium Authority (MSA) is seeking qualified candidates for several Multi-trade Event Worker positions to begin work in March 2018.
Status: Part-time, Contractual (non-benefitted)
Hiring Range: $12.50 to $20.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
Facility: Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland
Work Hours: Hours for the position will be flexible based on needs of the facility and expected business levels and will include weekends, AM/PM shifts and holidays. Typical Night Baseball Game Schedule, 3:00pm to 11:00pm. Typical Day Baseball Game Schedule, 9:30am to 5:30pm.
Reports To: Manager of Baseball Operations & Events
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Summary: Position is responsible for responding to maintenance and repair requests throughout the facility during scheduled events. The position performs skilled work involving multiple trades in the troubleshooting and repair of buildings, equipment, and facilities during events. This is a technical as well as customer service position.
REPRESENTATIVE EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
(The duties listed below are illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Incumbents in the position are expected to perform all of the duties described below).
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs and adjusts mechanical/electrical/plumbing/fire alarm systems, fixtures and equipment, drywall, furniture, shelves, doors, windows, and machines/equipment of various kinds.
- Responds to elevator/escalator trouble calls.
- Operates power equipment, forklifts, and aerial lifts.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess post high school training in engineering/maintenance related disciplines with three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Recent work experience in public assembly or hotel/resort facilities is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work a minimum of one game per homestand during the baseball season.
- Must be able to pass an Individual Background Check for Employment Purposes.
- If use of a forklift is necessary, MSA will provide training and certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
(The following generally describes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to enter the job or to be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned tasks).
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled environment including the ability to perform work across skilled trade crafts.
- Ability to utilize tools, follow directions, maintain tempo, recognize quality, problem solve, exhibit teamwork, use interpersonal skills, and work safely.
- Must be customer service oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills, have a strong ability to multi task with proven detail orientation.
- Ability to successfully work within a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop and lift (up to 50 lbs.) repetitively and for extended periods of time.
Event Essential Employees: Incumbents are considered “Event Essential Employees” whose duties require that they report for work at a scheduled event and remain at the work site throughout the duration of the event or scheduled work time. While no meal breaks are provided, significant compensated “down time” may occur during some events, wherein employees are required to remain on the premises to respond to on-site incidents, monitor work and event locations, and maintain a presence for public safety and security.
Uniforms: Incumbents will be provided a work uniform top and badge that identifies them as an MSA employee. Incumbents will be required to provide and wear long khaki colored pants, non-specialty safety-toe protective footwear (including steel-toe shoes or steel-toe boots) and all other ordinary clothing or other items used solely for protection from routine weather conditions such as winter coats, gloves, parkas, raincoats, rubber boots, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit a Maryland Stadium Authority employment application via mail or e-mail:
Option 1 (Preferred): Visit MSA's website, www.mdstad.com, click 'Apply for a Job' and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2: Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Number MultiTrades-2018 in the subject line.
Option 3: Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Annoucement Number MultiTrades-2018
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, April 3rd 3:00 PM
Warehouse at Camden Yards
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Meeting notice current as of 3/29/2018