Announcement Number: SecOfcr-012018
Status: Contractual, Part-time
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore City, Maryland.
Hourly Rate: $15.00
Closing Date: March 1, 2018
Nature of Work:
This is a contractual position responsible for performing physical security duties during National Football League (NFL) games, Major League Baseball (MLB) games and other special events. Selected applicants will work to maintain a safe and secure environment for visitors, tenants and employees of the Camden Yards Sports Complex and will be expected to provide unparalleled security services related to emergency response, protection of life and property, and loss prevention. Work hours vary and will include evenings, weekends and holidays in accordance with the home game schedules of the Baltimore Ravens and Baltimore Orioles. Multiple candidates may be selected for this position. Selected applicants will be expected to exhibit exceptional customer service and communication skills.
Examples of Work:
- Conducting fixed and mobile security patrols;
- Monitoring life safety;
- Access control, camera surveillance and alarm systems monitoring;
- Observing and reporting suspicious activity;
- Conducting investigations including interviews, interrogations, and processing crime scenes using appropriate investigation techniques and completion of detailed written reports;
- Responding to all emergency situations and coordinating with city/county/State agencies as necessary; conducting surveillance of property and personnel in the interests of public safety through the effective utilization of staff resources and technical adjuncts;
- Monitoring and enforcing building access and delivery procedures;
- Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required by the security management team.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years experience performing security functions; event security desired.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with guests and staff.
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality.
- Must successfully pass background screening including criminal record checks (local, state and federal), skills assessment test and interview.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
Environment —Work may be performed in a standard office setting with frequent travel to worksite locations to perform project management. Employee may be required to be present indoors or outdoors in areas of extreme heat or cold. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Physical —Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Work may also involve climbing ladders.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit an MSA employment application via mail or e-mail.
Option 1 (Preferred): Visit MSA’s website, www.mdstad.com, Apply For a Job and use the link at the bottom of the page to complete an electronic application.
Option 2: Electronically send application and any other necessary materials to email@example.com with the Announcement Number SecOfcr-012018 in the subject line.
Option 3: Mail an MSA application to the following address:
Maryland Stadium Authority
Attention: Announcement Number SecOfcr-012018
333 W. Camden Street, Suite 500
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Resumes may accompany MSA’s application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be considered.
As an equal opportunity employer, The Maryland Stadium Authority is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, February 6th 3:00 PM
Warehouse at Camden Yards
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Meeting notice current as of 1/3/2018