Division: Capital Projects Development Group (CPDG).
Status: Full-time, Regular, Benefitted, Exempt.
Location: Camden Yards Sports Complex, Baltimore City, Maryland.
Hiring Range: $77,715+ depending upon qualifications. State salary rules may apply for promotions and transferees.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled.
NATURE OF WORK
Responsible for the overall, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of construction projects ensuring consistency with agency strategy, commitments and goals. Plans, executes, and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget, which includes acquiring resources, supervising and coordinating the efforts of team members, and overseeing quality control throughout project completion.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
· Manages complicated projects with a high value to the State of Maryland.
· Supervises work of subordinate staff that may be assigned on major capital projects; coaches, mentors, and motivates project team members and contractors.
· Provides briefings to the executive staff and the MSA Board of Directors.
· Acts as procurement officer if designated.
· Monitors and manages budget, schedule and quality control parameters.
· Reviews, negotiates, and recommends construction contracts.
· Reviews, negotiates, and recommends construction change orders.
· Reviews, negotiates, and recommends purchase orders.
· Proactively manages changes in project scope, including the identification of potential crises and development of contingency plans.
· Participates in the negotiation of claims from contractors and consultants.
· Participates on selection committees for project procurements.
· Facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
· Defines project tasks and resource requirements.
· Presents reports defining project progress, problems, and solutions, and assessment of results.
· Performs other duties and functions appropriate to the position as assigned and required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KEY COMPETENCIES
· Strong knowledge of project management software.
· Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
· Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
· Skill in eliciting cooperation from upper management, clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
· Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure and politically sensitive environments.
· Knowledge of project budget management.
· Ability to express self clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
· Thorough knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of management and construction supervision over various aspects of design and construction phases.
· Considerable knowledge of administrative principles and practices.
· Key competencies: critical thinking and problem solving skills, adaptability, decision-making, communication skills, delegation, teamwork, planning and organizing, influencing and leading, stress tolerance, negotiation, conflict management.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS (The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions).
· Environment —Work may be performed in a standard office setting with frequent travel to worksite locations to perform project management. Employee may be required to be present indoors or outdoors in areas of extreme heat or cold. The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate but may be occasionally loud due to alarms, equipment noise, etc. Employee may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
· Physical —Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to walk, stand, or sit for prolonged periods of time; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including the use of computer keyboards; to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; to operate and use specialized equipment; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. Work may also involve climbing ladders.
(Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying). Specific educational and experience requirements are set by this agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position. Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the knowledge, skills, abilities, and key competencies necessary to the management and operation of a major construction/renovation project is qualifying. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
The Project Manager is expected to operate under managerial review in all areas of responsibilities to reflect the mission of the agency. The Project Manager must be able to function independently and professionally in the assigned project areas. The Project Manager will recommend changes in resources allocation as the needs and interests of the project warrant. The Project Manager also is expected to recommend changes in overall policies and guidelines as appropriate.
B.S. in Engineering or Construction Management or a combination of education and experience equivalent to seven (7) years in construction project management of which four (4) years should be experience in supervising/managing major capital projects.
Resumes may be attached to the application; however, all sections of the application must be completed according to the instructions or it will not be accepted.
Next MSA Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday, December 5th 3:00 PM
Warehouse at Camden Yards
333 W. Camden St., Suite 500
Baltimore, MD 21201
Meeting notice current as of 11/21/2017